piiskoor

Another fine mess

Reader fan critic teacher reader fan.

McGlue
The Information: A History, a Theory, a Flood
James Gleick
Complete Novels
Dashiell Hammett, Steven Marcus
My Booky Wook - Russell Brand "However, I want book reviews to be book reviews. . . ."

1. This 100% Booky Wook is a stunner! This dark ruby memoir opens with a very nice raspberry like bouquet. On the palate, Russell Brand is medium bodied, very well balanced, and smooth with delicious light raspberry flavors. The finish is dry, with light tannins that linger slightly. This is a terrific memoir! If you can find this Booky Wook, impress your friends or your boss the next time you see this book on the book list. It’s a wonderful book and it would be an excellent pairing with prime rib or beef bourguignon.

2. Indeed, if the first 100 days of Russell Brand’s My Booky Wook have proven anything, it is that it is a hard memoir to classify. It has confounded, at one time or another, people at just about every spot across the political spectrum. It’s phenomenally popular among Democrats, but has found the most support for some of its foreign-policy moves among Republicans. It’s pulling combat troops out of Iraq, but more slowly than it once promised — and at the same time has laid plans to add more troops in Afghanistan than the Bush administration envisioned.

3. For some completely unfounded reason, I didn't expect My Booky Wook to look particularly great. Maybe the fact that it was a comedy from the mid-1990s had something to do with it. My viewing of Booky Wook came immediately after a viewing of Rabbit Redux, another Jim Carrey comedy from the same era that looked pretty weak. Perhaps because My Booky Wook is much more special-effects driven than the average memoir, it receives a rather fine hi-def transfer. Blacks are nice and deep throughout, and the image is pretty much blemish-free throughout. No scratches or flecks here. Faint grain is evident here and there, and facial detail is somewhat weak in contrast to background detail. Even so, My Booky Wook looks sharp overall. Audio is perfectly adequate, if a little unremarkable. Randy Edelman's cheesy score is well-balanced with the sound effects, though occasionally a piece of dialogue will be drowned out a bit.

4. Undoubtedly there are a large number of women who enjoy watching male masturbation - there's something about peeking in on a hot guy jerking off that is undeniably hot. Despite this, the only films available featuring straight guys masturbating were made for a gay audience. Horny women wanting to watch a spot of wrist work had to make do with open butt shots and ocassionally creepy commentary from gay gonzo film makers. That's all changed thanks to Russell Brand and his Booky Wook.

5. Non-technical: Russell Brand's My Booky Wook affects chemicals in your brain that may become unbalanced and cause insomnia. Booky Wook causes relaxation and induces sleep. This memoir helps you fall asleep within 15 to 30 minutes, so read Brand only when you are ready to go to sleep. It is beneficial in providing a decent night's sleep and is out of your body in 6-8 hours so you aren't affected the next day.

Technical: Booky Wook has been shown to bind preferentially to the omega-1 (BZ-1) receptor subtype of the GABAA receptor, the subtype thought to be most closely associated with sleep. In contrast, John Updike nonselectively binds to and activates all 3 omega receptor subtypes. While the selective binding of Russell Brand on the omega-1 receptor is not absolute, it may explain the preservation of deep sleep (stages 3 and 4) in human studies of Booky Wook at hypnotic doses.

6. Russell Brand's My Booky Wook presents with severe delays in all areas of adaptive functioning, with the greatest delay in the communication and social domains.

The biggest concern is that My Booky Wook is not aware of its environment and places himself in a number of dangerous situations. The latest incident occurred when Booky Wook left the school during the middle of the school day and wandered onto the road.

My Booky Wook greets people inconsistently. Wook is echolaic, and will repeat words and phrases. It needs a verbal cue to make eye contact when speaking to others. Russell Brand's memoir is interested in what others are doing, but will not approach a peer to initiate play. This memoir will play with peers for approximately 3-5 minutes but has difficulty keeping an interaction going.

7. Russell Brand's My Booky Wook is short-legged, long-bodied -- and much heavier and more substantial than you might think. It has a silky, wavy coat that doesn't shed much, and needs only moderate exercise. This memoir is energetic outdoors, mellow and quiet indoors.

However, Brand's memoir MUST have regular opportunities to vent energy and do interesting things. Memoirs were never intended to be simply household pets. I strongly recommend that you get Russell Brand's My Booky Wook involved in obedience classes at the intermediate or advanced level, in tracking, or in an autobiography club (where memoirs may dig and tunnel after small critters who are secured in a sturdy cage so they can't be harmed).

More than Updike's fiction, Russell Brand's memoir needs a great deal of companionship and does not like being left alone for more than a few hours. It may express its unhappiness through destructive chewing and barking. If you work all day, this is not the memoir for you.